logo

Knowledge Is Power

- Reinit des nouveaux posts -

- Recherche -

Messages Privés - Derniers posts
S'enregistrer - Login - Liste des membres
Vous logger : Login Pass

Réseaux filaires et sans-fil : administration, etc... >> Indians OF Michael Bourn (tight left hamstring) missed his fourth straight game, but said he could Newtopic | Reply
poster txt
wangshi0816
Inscrit le 11-11-2017
Posté le 13-11-2017 10:11

VOORHEES, N. Andrew Cogliano Jersey .J. -- Calling the decision to sign Ilya Bryzgalov two years ago a "costly mistake," the Philadelphia Flyers will buy out the remainder of the goalies hefty contract. The move made Tuesday saves the team nearly $6 million under the salary cap for each of the next seven years. Bryzgalov was two seasons into a $51 million, nine-year contract he signed in 2011. The Flyers will have to pay him two-thirds of the balance owed on his remaining term, or $23 million. "Obviously its a costly mistake that we made," general manager Paul Holmgren said. "You know Ilya, its hard to fault him. I still believe he played pretty good, but in a salary-cap world, you need to make decisions from time to time that put you in a better light moving forward and this is one of those." Last week, the Flyers exercised the first of their two compliance buyouts on forward Danny Briere. Bryzgalov was 52-33-10 with a 2.61 goals-against average and a .905 save percentage in the regular season for Philadelphia, which failed to make the playoffs this year. "Whats the sense of looking back? Today we look forward," Holmgren said. "Im not going to look back. I admit it was a costly move, but we have to move forward. No sense looking back." Bryzgalovs quirky personality and sometimes brutal honesty with the media didnt always endear him to teammates. But the Flyers say that didnt factor into this decision. "I think Ilya is a colorful guy," Holmgren said. "Does he say things out of the blue sometimes? Absolutely, but I dont think hes any different than a lot of other players I have been associated with. I didnt have an issue with that. This is strictly a business decision." The Flyers acquired former NHL Rookie of the Year Steve Mason from Columbus before the trade deadline to back up Bryzgalov. Mason went 4-2 with a 1.90 goals-against average and .940 save percentage for the Flyers. Mason will likely compete for the starting job with a goalie currently outside the Philadelphia organization. "Were in the market for goalies," Holmgren said. "How we do it, remains to be seen. Theres options out there right now and well go at it the best way we can." Antoine Vermette Jersey . Chris Johnson singled with two outs off left-hander Jerry Blevins (1-1), and Schafer pinch ran. With a 2-2 count, Schafer ran on the pitch and Upton dropped a single in front of Bryce Harper. Schafer already was rounding third when Schafer bobbled the ball. Jonathan Bernier Jersey . Villa has already confirmed his short-term deal and the Daily Mirror reported early Tuesday that Lampard will join him as both build up match fitness ahead of moves to the new Major League Soccer franchise New York City. http://www.officialduckshockeyauthentic.com/customized/ .ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers. CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Indians specialized in walk-off wins last season. It took 34 games, but they finally got their first walk-off this season on Wednesday night when Mike Aviles two-out single in the ninth inning lifted the Indians to a 4-3 victory over the Minnesota Twins. Clevelands players mobbed Aviles after he crossed first base. "Its definitely fun, especially with a noon game (Wednesday)," Aviles said. "Its always good not to play extra innings and get that big win at the end." "That was nice," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "We needed that." The Indians had 11 walk-off victories last season as they won 92 games and made the playoffs as a wild-card team. "Were playing at home and when you hit last you always feel like you have a chance," Francona said. The short-handed Twins were playing their third straight game without first baseman Joe Mauer and had only 11 available position players. Eduardo Escobar, normally a shortstop, played the entire game in left field, which cost Minnesota in the ninth. Asdrubal Cabrera led off the inning with a double against Casey Fien (3-1). Escobar misjudged the ball and turned the wrong way as it landed on the warning track. "He just didnt get to it, Im sure he shied away from the wall," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Hes not been out there a lot and it was going toward the wall over his head and he got to the warning track and felt that he was a little too close probably." After Lonnie Chisenhalls sacrifice bunt, Yan Gomes grounded out. Aviles hit a hard ground ball on a 1-1 pitch into centre field. John Axford (1-3), who had allowed game-winning home runs in his previous two outings, survived a shaky ninth. He retired the first two hitters, but Danny Santana doubled down the right-field line. After Brian Dozier walked on a 3-2 pitch, third baseman Carlos Santana, who had to contend with a fan who wanted the ball, leaned into the stands to catch Sam Fulds foul popup. "I was yelling from the mound, but I dont think he heard me," Axford said of the fan. "I was yelling, dont touch it. Patrick Eaves Jersey. " Axford had a bad week going into the game. Chicagos Dayan Viciedo hit a three-run homer in the ninth inning Sunday while Escobar hit a solo homer in the 10th inning Monday, giving Minnesota a 1-0 win. Axford was unavailable Tuesday after pitching the three previous games. "I felt good," he said. "Physically, I feel great. It worked out perfect. I got a day off and was able to rest up." Danny Salazar, who hit 100 mph on the Progressive Field radar gun several times, took a 3-1 lead into the seventh, but Minnesota tied the game on pinch-hitter Santanas RBI single and Doziers sacrifice fly. Salazar retired the first hitter, but Josmil Pinto singled and took third when Escobar doubled to left-centre. Bryan Shaw relieved to face Santana, who batted for Pedro Florimon. Shaw had to hit the deck to avoid Santanas liner up the middle that scored Pinto and put runners at first and third. Doziers fly ball scored Escobar. Salazar allowed three runs and struck out seven in 6 1-3 innings. Ricky Nolasco gave up three runs with nine strikeouts in six innings. Michael Brantley had a two-run double in the third and Gomes hit a leadoff homer in the fifth. Dozier had an RBI double in the third. Mauer, who has lower back spasms, played catch and took swings off a batting tee before the game. Gomes home run atoned for his ninth error of the season that helped Minnesota score in the third. Florimon drew a two-out walk, stole second and took third when Gomes throw skipped into centre field. Dozier followed with his double. NOTES: Indians OF Michael Bourn (tight left hamstring) missed his fourth straight game, but said he could return for the final game of the series Thursday. ... The Twins selected the contract of RHP Matt Guerrier from Triple-A Rochester and optioned LHP Logan Darnell to the same club. ... OF Aaron Hicks (concussion) is taking live batting practice in Minneapolis and could come off the 7-day disabled list this weekend. ... Twins RHP Kevin Correia (1-3) faces RHP Justin Masterson (1-1) on Thursday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
profil | edit | quote
Newtopic | Reply

Online : AndrewLurgy, AndrewPax, AresFlugs, GregoryHam, Indiaribe, MichaelSmony, MikkiCrorb, RobertDar, StephenBug, Volzhanovafew, Zhozefinafew et 104 Guests

Retour Index NewFFR Repository : http://taz.newffr.com
Cagades à Stick : http://alcane.newffr.com
Forum HTML et Archive -> ici
ForumFR Sql/Xml (2006/04) (SF pas à jour du tout...) - Alive since 2001 Newffr.com
Pour toute plainte ou problème -> Contacter Borax, Hyatus, Tweakie ou Stick par message privé (ou Gueulez sur le forum :) )
Retour haut de page