logo

Knowledge Is Power

- Reinit des nouveaux posts -

- Recherche -

Messages Privés - Derniers posts
S'enregistrer - Login - Liste des membres
Vous logger : Login Pass

Réseaux filaires et sans-fil : administration, etc... >> Villeneuve has dropped hints that he may be try to run the IndyCar series full-time next year, Newtopic | Reply
poster txt
wangshi0816
Inscrit le 11-11-2017
Posté le 07-12-2017 09:05

BUFFALO, N. Quinton Spain Jersey .Y. - The Buffalo Bills are scheduled to interview two more coaching candidates before taking a wait-and-see approach to determine whether to expand their search next week, a person familiar with the process told The Associated Press on Friday.The person said the Bills are meeting with San Francisco 49ers offensive co-ordinator Greg Roman on Friday, followed by Detroit Lions defensive co-ordinator Teryl Austin on Saturday. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the Bills have not revealed their plans to replace Doug Marrone, who stepped down abruptly on Dec. 31.Roman and Austin increase the Bills list to 12 candidates who have been interviewed. Its group that includes former New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, two-time Super Bowl-winning coach Mike Shanahan, Bills defensive co-ordinator Jim Schwartz and Cincinnati offensive co-ordinator Hue Jackson.The Bills have no more interviews scheduled, but that could change.Without identifying who, the person said, the Bills have identified more than one candidate on teams competing in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs this weekend. Buffalos search committee, headed by new owners Terry and Kim Pegula, will then wait until the games are over to see who might become available to be interviewed next week.The Bills have already met with three assistants on teams still in the playoffs: Seattle co-ordinators Darrell Bevell (offensive) and Dan Quinn (defensive) and Denver offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase.Its unclear whether the Bills will wait beyond next week to begin narrowing their list.The Pegulas, who purchased the team from the estate of late owner Ralph Wilson in October, have taken a hands-on approach in what has become one of the franchises most extensive searches. After spending last weekend meeting candidates on the west coast, the most recent series of meetings are taking place in Florida, where the Pegulas live.General manager Doug Whaley and team president Russ Brandon are also taking part in the interviews.Wilson was not directly involved in the Bills most recent searches. The teams last search took six days and involved five candidates before Marrone was hired in January 2013.This is the Bills sixth coaching search since Wade Phillips was fired following the 2000 season. And Marrones departure was unexpected after the second-year coach exercised an opt-out clause in his contract that kicked in once the team was sold.Buffalo went 9-7 to match its best record since 2004. The Bills, however, missed the playoffs to extend the NFLs longest active post-season drought to 15 years.Roman completed his fourth season with the 49ers, who are also in flux after coach Jim Harbaugh was not retained and was hired by Michigan. The 49ers offence finished ranked among the NFLs top 10 in each of his first three seasons before dipping to 20th last year.He is also familiar to the Pegulas because of their Penn State ties. Terry Pegula attended Penn State and is a major supporter of its football and hockey programs. Roman was a candidate to take over the Nittany Lions football team in each of its last two vacancies.Austin completed his first season with Detroit, where he oversaw a defence that finished second in the NFL in yards allowed. His previous NFL stops included Baltimore, Arizona and Seattle, and broke into coaching as a Penn State graduate assistant in 1991.Austin also has tied to Whaley, as both played college at Pittsburgh, though their careers did not overlap.The Bills strength has been their defence, which produced three Pro Bowl linemen last season.Buffalos offence has remained the teams weakness, and lacks an established starting quarterback. Veteran journeyman Kyle Orton announced his intention to retire after closing last season with a 7-5 record. He took over after second-year starter EJ Manuel was benched after a 2-2 start.Manuel, a former first-round draft pick, has two years left on his contract.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Ben Jones Jersey . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27. Avery Williamson Jersey . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black-75-Daquan-Jones-Womens-Jersey/ . Jesus Navas bookended yet another huge home win for City by scoring after 14 seconds and again in second-half stoppage time, with Sergio Aguero also netting in each half to add to an own goal by Sandro and a brilliant strike by Alvaro Negredo.INDIANAPOLIS -- The orange and brown glasses slide down the bridge of Jacques Villeneuves nose. Along with the greying hair and growing bald spot, they give the Canadian driver a professorial vibe. Its only reinforced when he begins to speak. In clear, crisp sentences spiced by that unmistakable French-Canadian accent, Villeneuve lays out his opinion on just about anything -- especially when it comes to the Indy 500. He will talk about the latest generation of cars, lament the fact there is only one chassis manufacturer, and argue that spotters who are supposed to make the race safer have often had the opposite effect. Then hell talk about the speed and the danger. "Some younger drivers didnt grow up seeing racing as being dangerous," said Villeneuve, who is back at the Indianapolis 500 after a 19-year absence. "They break their little finger and they are surprised. Its like, Be happy its only that." Of course, Villeneuve forgets many of those younger drivers grew up watching him. James Hinchcliffe, a fellow Canadian, said his earliest memory of watching a race was 1995, when Villeneuve took advantage of a late penalty on Scott Goodyear to win the Indy 500. That was also the last time Villeneuve stepped into an Indy car at the iconic racetrack. At least, it was until this year. "Its cool to have him back," Hinchcliffe said, "because hes obviously one of the guys I looked up to as a young driver, and one of the guys I never thought Id have a chance to race." Villeneuve spent nearly two decades driving just about everything but an IndyCar. He won a Formula One title, tried his hand at NASCAR and drove at Le Mans. He dabbled in RallyCross and even raced V8 Supercars around the street circuits of Australia. But the lure of Indy started to tug him back. Villeneuve, who will start 27th on Sunday, watched with rapt attention last year as Tony Kanaan took the checkered flag. He was intrigued by the record number of lead changes, the way cars moved through the field and how stiff the competition had become. Villeneuve managed to land a ride with team owners Sam Schmidt and Rick Peterson, and will be part of a staable that includes Mikhail Aleshin and Simon Pagenaud on Sunday. Steve McNair Jersey. "If I jumped from F-1 to this again, it wouldnt be an issue," Villeneuve said of the return to open-wheel racing, "but the first 20 laps, your eyes, your brain -- its not used to those speeds, so it is a big shock. You have to get out, breath again, and then get back in and its like, All right. Business as usual." His team may be an underfunded underdog, at least compared to heavyweights Penske, Ganassi and Andretti Autosport, and he may have struggled Friday in the final practice on Carb Day. But none of that will convince Villeneuve that he doesnt have a chance to win. "When I won here we were two laps down and we spent the whole race minding our own business," he said. "Thats the key: You should mind your own business. Figure out what is happening with everyone else at the end. You need a little bit of luck, and then you need to see how it pans out. I just hope Im not one of those people who does something stupid." Pagenaud was surprised to see his new teammate prepare for the race the moment he arrived in Indianapolis. Qualifying was almost an afterthought as Villeneuve gazed ahead to Sunday. "It actually makes me wonder why he focused so much on the race," Pagenaud said with a wry grin. "Im sure hell come up with something in the race and Ill learn then." If he does come up with something, Villeneuve could make history. The 43-year-old would break Al Unsers record of 17 years between victories that has stood since 1987. Even if he doesnt win, though, a good showing could prove invaluable. Villeneuve has dropped hints that he may be try to run the IndyCar series full-time next year, and that would turn the Indy 500 into quite an audition. "I had an opportunity to spend half an hour with Jacques in the garage area a week ago," said Goodyear, now an analyst for ABC. "Through all the questions I was asking him, catching up with him, I asked him, Why come back to something that youve won, have great memories with? "He said, Racing is my oxygen. I need to race something." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
profil | edit | quote
Newtopic | Reply

Online : Caseyaribe, GilbertZew, LuigiLAB, Michaelrow, StevenAdelo et 84 Guests

Retour Index NewFFR Repository : http://taz.newffr.com
Cagades à Stick : http://alcane.newffr.com
Forum HTML et Archive -> ici
ForumFR Sql/Xml (2006/04) (SF pas à jour du tout...) - Alive since 2001 Newffr.com
Pour toute plainte ou problème -> Contacter Borax, Hyatus, Tweakie ou Stick par message privé (ou Gueulez sur le forum :) )
Retour haut de page